top of page

Competition Information


You must be TC registered to compete in all grades from Pre Elementary and up (TC registration is not required to compete in Kiwi Skate). TC registration must be renewed each year.


You must have passed the required stroking and free skate tests in order to compete in a grade. See the NZIFSA test rules and regulations.


For club champs and events that the Dunedin Ice Skating Club holds, such as The Corinne Gilkison Trophy, DISC Championships and The Spring Trophy, you enter by completing the online entry forms within this site.


For most non DISC NZ competitions, DISC is required to collate and submit entries on your behalf including (but not limited to) the following:

  • Otago Southland Championships

  • South Island Championships

  • New Zealand Championships

For these events you are to submit that competition’s entry form to the DISC TC Secretary and make payment to the DISC Treasurer. The advertised entry due date is when DISC must have entries collated and fees paid to that association. Because of this, DISC requires that completed entry forms and payment be submitted at least one week prior to the date on the entry form. This is to give the Competition Secretary and Treasurer time to collate, process and submit the entries and fees. For these entries, please post them in a clearly marked envelope in the club post box by the club rooms or give to the TC Secretary. 

For other non DISC competitions within NZ (including the North Island Championships) you are responsible for your own entry and payment as per that competition’s announcement and entry details.


Please see the NZIFSA competitions page for dates and entry information for all domestic competitions. There will be more competitions added as the season progresses. If you wish to enter any of these your entry form must be in and entry fee paid by the date indicated (ensure at least 1 week earlier for competitions listed above). Please put these dates in your calendar as late entries cost extra and sometimes are not accepted at all.



If you plan to represent DISC at Hollins or any of the interclub competitions, you must notify the NZIFSA before making arrangements to attend. Please contact the General Secretary at to do so.  For further information regarding entering international competitions including representing New Zealand please see the NZIFSA FAQ.


If you have any questions relating to competitions ask your coach(es) in the first instance, or if you want some help navigating your way through the NZIFSA Competitions page or Rules and Regulations pages, please do not hesitate to ask the DISC TC secretary.

bottom of page